- Clinical Associate of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Director of Women Integrated Sexual Health (WISH) Program, Department of OBGYN, American University of Beirut Medical Center (AUBMC)
- Senior Lecturer of Health Behavior and Sexuality, Faculty of Health Sciences, AUB
- Vice President of the Federation International Gynecology Obstetrics (FIGO)
Dr El Kak is involved in providing integrated ObGyn clinical services, teaching and training of residents, academic work and research related to women’s health, sexual health and public health practice.
Dr El Kak is the Director of Women Integrated Sexual Health (WISH) Program, Department of OBGYN, American University of Beirut Medical Center (AUBMC), providing specific services to reproductive and sexual health of women across their life, postmenopausal, in cancer survivorship, post- surgery, and postpartum
As a researcher, he is involved and co-lead research on maternal health, sexual and reproductive health, violence against women, and refugee health. Dr El Kak has over 50 publications, book chapters, couple of books related to sexual, reproductive, maternal health.
Selected Relevant Professional Affiliations
- Member of the Global Advisory Board on Sexual Health and Wellness (GABSHAW)
- Past President of the Federation of Arab Gynecology Obstetrics Society (FAGOS)
- Member of the advisory board of the World Association of Sexual health (WAS)/Chair of Middle East Sexual Health Committee
- Member of the editorial board of Sexual Reproductive Health Matters (SRHM) and Journal of Saudi Society of ObGyn
- Consultant to WHO and UNFPA (Technical SRHR Advisor)